UNIQUE PERSONALITY: Citroën Aircross boasts a unique presence among SUVs. Its balanced and flowing design gives this protective and welcoming concept car a strong identity and a resolutely optimistic spirit.
FOCUSES ON COMFORT & A SENSE OF WELL-BEING: The cabin brings a new approach to travel with a modern, bright, fresh and functional design for the occupants’ physical and mental well-being.
TECHNOLOGICAL INTELLIGENCE FOR RELAXED MOBILITY: Dialogue and sharing are key themes in this connected SUV. Citroën Aircross features innovative graphic interfaces and plug-in hybrid technology.
As the brand celebrates 50 million vehicle sales since its creation some 95 years ago, Citroën is unveiling a surprising, creative and bold new concept car ahead of the Shanghai Motor Show.
The new Citroën Aircross concept confirms the brand’s ability to develop its new positioning, which is already:
– INTERNATIONAL: The Citroën Aircross illustrates the brand’s international ambitions, building on the success of the New C4 Cactus, with a body style intended for worldwide sale.
– DIFFERENT: The Citroën Aircross concept offers new design codes whilst respecting the essential characteristics of an SUV. Drawing on the product and styling traits of C4 Cactus, the body design and cabin ambience express a sense of modernity and a unique ‘feel good’ spirit. This new concept car illustrates Citroën’s ability to assert its identity in all vehicle segments.
The Citroën Aircross concept successfully builds on the achievements of the C4 Cactus with:
– A SINGULAR DESIGN PHILOSOPHY: Blending power and positive energy, the Citroën Aircross is a protective and welcoming SUV. This resolutely optimistic vehicle casts off any sense of aggression in favour of;
o A pure and engaging personality, through the overall balance of the body styling underscored with flowing forms that are punctuated by strong graphic components, including ‘Alloy Bumps’ and ‘Air Signs’.
o The positive design is heightened by vibrant orange-red paintwork symbolising energy and serenity, with innovative materials denoting robustness.
o A styling approach emphasising functionality and aerodynamics.
– AN INVITATION TO TRAVEL: The cabin offers an immediate sense of comfort. Everything inside the Citroën Aircross is designed to promote occupant well-being. In addition to the physical comfort provided by the broad and generous seats, well-being is enhanced still further with the use of new materials and a blend of light, invigorating colours. The pure, horizontal lines of the exterior suggest a feeling of interior space, while the ample geometric shapes of the uncluttered interior offer a combination of appealing aesthetics and functionality. The Citroën Aircross concept represents a new approach to travel with specially designed storage compartments and the use of luggage style ‘straps’ in a fresh and contemporary cabin that invites passengers to take to the road together.
– TECHNOLOGICAL INTELLIGENCE: With a focus on practicality, occupants are able to choose between a shared and an individual travelling experience. The concept car is equipped with two 12-inch HD screens, one of which moves across the dashboard so it can be seen by more than just one passenger. Each seat is equipped with speakers and microphones to encourage dialogue between the occupants. Technological intelligence is also expressed in the choice of the plug-in hybrid drivetrain to combine efficiency and top-level performance. The Citroën Aircross features meaningful technologies for relaxed mobility and a new travelling experience.
The Citroën Aircross concept car will be unveiled at the Shanghai Motor Show later this month. This symbolic venue was chosen to reflect the importance of the Chinese market, which accounts for 25% of total sales and stands as Citroën’s number-one market.